BSE Message Board
BSE School Supply List 2019-20
2019-2020 Chromebook Form
Chromebook forms for students in grades 3-12 will be completed online. You will have the option to purchase a Chromebook Protection Plan for $30.00. Payment can be made online when you complete the forms or by cash or check at the school on the registration date. Computers and Internet access will be available at your child’s school during the scheduled registration times.
In addition, you will be prompted to accept the Acceptable Use Regulations for students in grades Pre K-2 during online registration.
***See school website for registration links. Click Here
2020 Census Information
Interested in helping with the Census? Check out the Job Posting link, which will be updated daily to reflect new job postings available in SC.
BSE Dress Code
Dear Brooklyn Springs Elementary School family,
The weather is getting warmer and it is a good time to remind you of our school dress code. Please see detailed dress code below.
- NO flips flops can be worn at school. All shoes must have backs or a heel strap.
- No tank tops or shirts that show the midriff area can be worn at school.
- No short shorts can be worn. Must pass fingertip test!
Brooklyn Springs Elementary DRESS CODE
Appropriate clothing has a definite effect on a child’s learning. We encourage students to look neat in their dress. Sometimes the way we dress is the way we act. Please make sure your child is dressed suitably for school. All clothing should be clean, in good repair, fit appropriately and not cause distractions. Improper clothing and accessories that cause classroom distractions depict controversial images, or inappropriate language such as obscenities, illegal acts, gang activity, alcohol, drugs, tobacco, or racial slurs are not permitted.
- Shorts, pants and skirts - Pants, shorts or slacks must be worn at waist level. A belt should be worn if needed. Skirts and shorts should measure below the fingertips when arms are fully extended downward.
- Shirts - All shirts must cover the upper body completely. Shirts and blouses must cover shoulders. Tank tops, halter-tops, spaghetti straps, shirts with inappropriate words printed on the front or back, and outfits with bare midriffs are not permitted.
- Shoes - Appropriate and safe shoes should be worn every day; for example flip-flops and shoes with high heels are not appropriate for school activities. All shoes must have backs or a heel strap. Shoes with wheels are not permitted. Athletic shoes are required for Physical Education class.
- Accessories - Students should not wear jewelry that is distracting. Any items such as studded belts or chains that could be considered weapons are prohibited. Head covering such as hats, hoods, bandannas and sunglasses are not to be worn in the building.
The above guidelines are not all inclusive & administrative discretion will be used on issues not addressed above.